Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas, New Year's and More Bubbles

We had a fantastic first Christmas with the Princess.  She was certainly a trooper.  Sleeping most of the 8 hour drive in the car, traveling from house to house to house, sleeping in all sorts of strange places and being passed around like a hot potato!  Proof-sleeping in her Great-Great-Aunt's arms.
She didn't even give anyone the stink eye, much to my relief.  She hardly cried, and was all in all a very easy, laid back baby.  But, then we got home.  She basically cried for 24 hours because she was so exhausted.  Our families probably would not believe she was the same baby!  Proof...the ride home:
Are we there yet?  Luckily, her misery is behind us and we are falling back into our normal-ish routine.

With the new year upon us...2013 will be year like you haven't seen.  I am going to do my best to lose at least the last of my baby weight.  But first, I think this applies:
So I have basically wolfed down the remainder of my oreo truffles.  Shoveled in the last of the chex mix.  And am making a delicious Wegmans Beef Wellington for dinner tonight before the healthy eating starts on January 2nd (the 1st totally doesn't count because it's still a holiday).  We also had to try this before any New Year's Resolutions set in:
Buffalo Chicken Bubble Up Pizza.  Yum.  As I was posting my original Bubble Up Pizza post, I was struck with inspiration for this pizza.  This should not come as a shock seeing as how Buffalo Chicken probably falls second on my list of favorite foods only behind croutons.  So here it is:

Bubble Up Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Ingredients:
  • 2 cans (12 oz) golden layer buttermilk biscuits (Pillsbury Grands! Jr)
  • Cooking spray
  • 3/4 cup wing sauce (I prefer Anchor Bar Mild wing sauce)
  • 2 cups Rotisserie chicken
  • 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles (plus more for topping)
  • 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2.  Spray 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
3.  Cut biscuits into quarters (I used kitchen scissors which worked like a charm!) and place directly into prepared pan.
4.  Add chicken, 1/2 cup wing sauce, 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles, and 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese. 
5.  Stir it around to evenly distribute pizza toppings.
6.  Top with remaining 1/2 cup Montery Jack and sprinkle on a little blue cheese.
7.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are done.
8.  Top with remaining 1/4 cup wing sauce and enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. You seriously amaze me with your ability (and desire) to make such delicious meals as a new mom! I cook about once every two weeks, but that's also because I suck at it and almost never have any motivation. I am an expert microwaver though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry but I just have to say that Darcy does NOT suck at cooking! And this blog post is like a dream come true because we have tons of leftover buffalo chicken dip AND Eric is at the store so I called him to get biscuits AND now I eat chicken! Obviously all in the name of eliminating all delicious yet terrible for you foods and starting the new year eating healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure Darcy does not suck at cooking! And it's all in the planning. If I plan it, then I have to make it so the food doesn't go bad! And my beef wellington was made by Danny Wegman. I just put it in the oven. And these Bubble pizzas seriously take minutes if you have all the ingredients. Also the crockpot has become like a new bestie to me. Try the Crockpot Buffalo chicken- http://croutonqueen.blogspot.com/2012_01_01_archive.html
    Super easy and delicious and it will go a long way! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete