Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Debut!

The princess is making her debut at dinner night this evening.  All 8 members seem exceptionally excited for this evening and will be present.  Including our newest married couple (lots to celebrate tonight)!  That is a lot of pressure for the princess.  I really hope she's at her best!  I already warned everyone to dress their best because this is one for the baby book.  Just in case she's not at her best, I think these cookies may save the evening.  Remember how I said that I had something delicious in mind for these little guys:
Well, I made it all of 24 hours before I couldn't stand the anticipation of making what I had in mind.  I pretty much threw the baby at the King as soon as he walked in the door from work last night so that I could dash off to the store to secure the remaining ingredients necessary to create this brainchild.  My mom is actually responsible for coming up with this idea.  When I texted a picture of these baking bits to her, she recommended that I whip up a batch of these but sub in the Peppermint Bark Baking Bits.  

The original Oreo pudding cookies has recently become a beloved recipe here in our household.  The King loves them so much, that he has actually whipped up a batch himself because he couldn't wait for me to do it!  They were also a part of my nesting ritual.  I made a batch the day before the princess was born!  I had to pry a small container out of the King's hands at the hospital in order to give them to the nurses as a bribe to take good care of me.  Many of the nurses stopped in and gave their thanks and nothing horrible happened to me during my stay, so I'd say the cookies worked!

After the princess was born, I have convinced myself that the small amount of oats in these babies is good for me.  Therefore, these cookies = health food.  I think I almost have the recipe memorized. I guess that's how you know it's a good one!  And the peppermint bark baking bits have lived up to their anticipation and made one delicious cookie.  I'm pretty sure they will be included in my Christmas cookie baking frenzy this year. 

Peppermint Bark Puddin' Cookies

Ingredients:
·       1 cup butter, room temperature
·       3/4 cup granulated sugar
·       3/4 cup light brown sugar
·       1 pkg (5.1 oz) Vanilla Instant Pudding mix
·       1 Tbsp vanilla
·       2 eggs
·       2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
·       3/4 cup old fashioned oats
·       1 tsp baking soda
·       1 tsp salt
·       2 (9 oz) bags of Peppermint Bark Baking Bits
Directions:
1.     Preheat oven to 375°.
2.     In a stand mixer cream together butter, pudding mix and both sugars. 
3.     Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. 
4.     Turn mixer to low and slowly add in flour, baking soda, salt and oats.
5.     Stir until combined.
6.     Stir in chopped candy.
7.     Drop by tablespoon onto baking sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
***Recipe adapted from Cookies and Cups Oreo Pudding cookies recipe. 
***I am entering this Peppermint Bark Puddin' Cookies in the Creative Recipe Contest hosted by Confessions of a Cookbook Queen and Cookies and Cups!
 

2 comments:

  1. Once again you saved me! I need a cookie recipe for a work cookie exchange next week! These sound perfect and nice and Christmasy. I hope my TJs has those peppermint bark bits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the addition of the Pepermint Bark Bits! I need to find those at TJs!

    ReplyDelete