Monday, December 3, 2012

Breakfast of Champions

They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  I make a point to thoroughly enjoy my breakfast nowadays.  The princess is usually at her best in the morning and very willing to allow me to throw this together.  
Whether I get to actually eat it or not, or get to enjoy any other meal quietly and without interruption is a different story.  Thankfully, I was able to make all of this, throw some garbage outside, do some laundry and even squeeze in 5 minutes of tummy time for the princess this morning.  Then she even let me eat it!  This is a very rare occurence that I thought should be commemorated in a post.  Maybe she noticed my frantic energy buzzing around her and realized mommy needed to RELAX.  Maybe if I'm lucky, she'll even force a glass of wine on me later!

As a side note, I was very excited to wake up to find that my good friend over at Chocolate is my Life cooked and enjoyed herself some bacon after being a vegetarian for as long as I've known her (almost 17 years!) to make loaded baked potato soup and beer bread.  I'd like to dedicate my morning bacon to her!  And welcome to any of her readers!

What is a breakfast that you could eat everyday?


Dippin' Eggs

Ingredients:
  • Spinach
  • Sun-dried tomatoes, julienne cut
  • shredded cheese (Mozzarella, cheddar, Mexican combo-whatever you have on hand)
  • one egg
  • a splash of milk 
Directions:
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees (I usually don't even wait for the oven to get all the way pre-heated before I throw my egg in-like I said, frantic energy).
  2. Grease a small ramekin.
  3. Place the ingredients in your ramekin in the order listed.
  4. Place the ramekin in the oven for 12 minutes.
  5. Switch the oven to broil for 2 minutes (or while your bread is toasting).
  6. Remove from the oven and dip your toast in the egg to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment