Saturday, November 24, 2012

Smiles

As of late, I have taken my paycheck in smiles.  I took a leave of absence from my job for the year and I love being home with the princess everyday and am so thankful for this time with her!

The king is truly the best for making it all possible!  He continues to work long days to make up the vacation time he took to be present for the birth of the princess.  On top of that, he comes home and puts the princess to bed every night so that I have a few minutes to myself.  He's an amazing father already and the princess is only 10 weeks old.  I don't know what I would have done without him in the first few weeks of her existence.  He changed diapers, prepped bottles, and burrito-fied our baby like the best of 'em.  He entertained guests and ran up and down the stairs, to the grocery store, and the pharmacy, and chauffered the princess and I to doctor's appointments and Starbucks and just for drives around town to get us out of the house.  THE BEST.  

And now, I'm pretty sure, she has decided to pay us back in the world's sweetest smiles.  Getting up at 3AM to feed her is no longer a chore, but something I look forward to because I know when she sees me a big, goofy grin will spread across her little face and everything will be right in her world for just that brief moment.  And here's proof:
And then she realizes that she is starving and the crying begins again.

Princess Crouton responds best to fish faces and goofy eyebrows.  She is also a huge fan of light reflections in people's glasses.

1 comment: