Monday, January 14, 2013

Updates

1.  The reign of terror...aka the week of cheese-less-ness has finally come to an end.  I have 4 varieties of cheese on my grocery list for this week and I could not be HAPPIER to replenish our cheese drawer.  In my last act of insanity, I made a cheese-less pizza.
I lazily used a pre-made crust and topped it with sauce, some sauteed red peppers, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and capers.  It was not bad.  But, still nothing the King wanted to be a part of.  All in all, my cheese-less week has made me more aware of how much cheese I am actually eating.  And, I'm not sure I mind anymore.  Cheese fills me up and I actually think I snack less when cheese is involved.  Everything truly IS better with cheese.

2.  Someone is 4 months-old!  Yesterday was the big day.  I know they say that kids grow so fast.  Sometimes, the days seem SO long, but the months are FLYING by!  She was completely uncooperative for the picture-taking and the King had to be called in to cojole a smile.  This is the best we could do:
We're hitting the doctor today to get the dreaded 4-month shots.  Hoping I don't cry!  I am also very curious to hear about the solid-food adventure that we may soon be embarking on.  

3.  I am sort of ashamed to admit that I am a huge Bachelor fan.  For the past year and a half, I have gotten together with a friend once a week to watch and heckle the 25 contestants.  I was thrilled that it returned last week and got me out for a much needed ladies night!  There are TWO ambulances in the previews for this season.  Can't wait to watch more drama ensue tonight!

4.  The King and I have also FINALLY jumped on the bandwagon that is Homeland.  Oh man.  Can't get enough.  I just want to sit down and plow through the season, but the King is holding us back and forcing me to savor it one episode per night.  

5.  That is the excitement in my life for now!  

2 comments:

  1. So excited that you started Homeland! I'm impressed that you have the willpower to not plow through the season. I don't normally watch the Bachelor, but with all the free time I have now, I tuned in for the first episode. I mighttt already be hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite relieved this was only for a week, but I'm with Ben, no cheese = pizza is dead to me. I'd probably just cook stir fries or Asian themed dishes all week. I actually like a lot of recipes from this blog: http://www.dailygarnish.com/ even though it's vegan, which I'm clearly not, so if you ever decide to do a reign of terror again check it out! I've never seen The Bachelor but any show that I get into late to the game I just obsessively watch all the episodes until the season is done in like 2 days. Apparently I need to check out Homeland, not that I have any time to add in any new TV shows!

    ReplyDelete