Thursday, August 25, 2011

Support for the King...

I decided to keep my momentum going and blog 2 days in a row!  I know.  Pick your jaw up off the floor and keep reading.

So the King recently decided that he needed to get back to the gym and see a trainer.  This is great news!  I'm fully supportive!  But do you know how hard it is to be supportive at 5:30AM when his alarm goes off to get up and go see said trainer 3 days a week?  Let's be honest, I completely stunk at being supportive the first week.  That's entirely too early!  I need my queenly beauty rest.  That first week, I had a lot of trouble going back to sleep.  Thankfully, I've fallen into a routine of going back to sleep just in time for school to start next Monday morning when I'll have to be up at 6 anyway!

So in trying to support the King in this new effort, I made these yummy, thick, chewy granola bars (I added the yummy...it needs to be included in the title).  I think they'll be quick, easy and something to stick to his ribs while he pumps iron during his early morning workout.

And I'm back to being a supportive wife.  Vote for me!  Wife of the year.


1 comment:

  1. I already won wife of the year by seeing my husband for less than five minutes on his birthday. Imagine his life - I've been getting up prior to 4am at least once a week - 5:30 is a late day! I like the idea of homemade granola bars. Keep up the momentum! Keep the food coming!

    ReplyDelete