Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Crouton King!

Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband!  I wanted to make him a special birthday meal tonight, even though his real birthday isn't until later this week but at that point I won't be doing much more than sitting/napping/reading in a lounge chair on a beach and trekking to the snack bar when I get hungry.  With this meal one would not believe I plan on putting on a bathing suit in 2 days, but here it is...the meal I have made for the Crouton King's birthday.  

Chicken Divan...a kindergartener at my school told me it was her favorite food.  Now we know why.  YUM.  Crunchy on the outside and cheesy-gooey on the inside.
A close up:

And for dessert...Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies!  When I first mentioned these to the King he asked me if the inventor was married or willing to take on a second husband.  Thankfully, I think I've got the recipe down enough to keep the King around.

The close up of the insides of these beauties (good thing I bought him an electric toothbrush for his birthday!):

Chicken Divan 
Based on Campbell's Kitchen recipe (with some minor alterations/additions)
  • 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
  • 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken (I bought a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and it worked like a charm)
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Broccoli Cheese Soup
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup sour cream (I used fat free to help make it more figure friendly)
  • 1 teaspoon Goya Adobe seasoning
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 2 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
  • 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
  1. Arrange broccoli and chicken in 9 x 11 inch baking dish.
  2. Mix soup, milk, sour cream, cheese and Adobe seasoning and pour over the top of your chicken and broccoli.
  3. Mix bread crumbs with butter and sprinkle on top.
  4. Bake 400 degrees F for 25 minutes or until hot.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment